The Holiday Spirit

I've never been one to start the Christmas Season early, let alone, OCTOBER but I'm suddenly feeling the flutters of Christmas Joy. Maybe it's the fact that we haven't had the family all together in what seems like ages. Or maybe it's the sudden chill in the air and the baking mood I've been in lately...filling the house with glorious smells of cinnamon and sugar. I just can't wait for Christmas and all the trimmings that come with it.


This sweet Advent Calendar from Garnet Hill has inspired me to get out those knitting needles and make one of my very own! Maybe I'll make it big enough to drape through the ENTIRE house...all right, I'm getting a little carried away!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's feeling a little Christmassy already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely idea! I wish i could knit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love this time of the year too. Happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of advent calendars:) They were always such a big deal in my family growing up. After spending last year with family in germany, I've found a new love for these calendars and the tradition of taking turns to open up the day! What a fun way to start the day:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really cute, you'll have to show us yours when it is done!!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. loooove this! I am working preparing my new holiday thing for my new holiday market this week so I got bit by the holiday bug too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really cute idea! I suppose I should finish up the 90 half finished projects on the needles and knit up some tiny mittens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so cute! I have very rudimentary knitting skills so this is out of my reach, darn it. Can't wait to see what yours looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! I've always had a thing for advent calendars and this one is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this one. There are so many different kinds of advent calendars on the market...but this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts