Bridget Davies = Inspiration

I've fallen in love with the work of Bridget Davies. Her delicate hand creates the most intricately detailed pieces whether it be pillows, cards, brooches,...each one is a beautiful piece of art. In speaking with her "extremely" briefly through email, she seems to be just as lovely a person as well. Initially, as I came across her Etsy shop and saw she was located in Horsham, I had SO hoped it was the Horsham right around the corner. I'd love to meet her and see her talents at work. Alas, as I read further, it turns out she's across the ocean in the UK. Yet ANOTHER reason to get myself back to England...now just to convince my husband (& son) to take the 11 hour flight...I may have to go alone.

Bridget Davies is an embroidery designer who specializes in home furnishings and accessories. She creates the imagery on her products with carefully finished applique and freehand machine embroidery. All aspects of the process are carried out by Davies herself, from the initial design stage through to the final hand-finished touches. Each item is made by hand which makes every piece unique and avoids the exact reproduction created by commercial machine embroidery.

*All designs shown are original designs and the property of Bridget Davies and are protected by copyright.*

You can also view Davies’ work at
www.bridgetdavies.co.uk

Comments

  1. I love her pillows so much, I want to hug them and squeeze them and look at them and swoon. If I didn't have a dog that would surely love them as much as me and had $200 laying around the house (as often happens) I would snatch one up in an instant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So,so wonderful. I will definitely be marking her as a "favorite." Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts