My Fabulous Weekend with My Boys

So, my weekend started off early. The good ol' hubby left work an hour early to take his "Sweets" (Moi, as he calls me :) on a DATE!!! None of which could have happened without my wonderful Sista-In-Law ~slash~ Babysitter. After smooching the kiddo adieu we were off to PF Changs for dinner. Fantastic place but not exactly the key choice for a gal allergic to ginger. I pretty much made a nuisance of myself trying to figure out what was edible and what might be deadly. After much deliberation and hesitation I took my first bite (with Benadryl standing by) and no reaction. I must commend the waiter for his patience and accuracy in helping me choose the right meal. To accompany my dinner, I decided to partake in the Plum Collins which I might add (after having forgotten I had taken cold meds before leaving) is quite lethal - I was feeling no pain! Be sure to check out Coraline.com for some fun!
Following dinner, we hopped over to the movies where I convinced the Mr. to see Coraline. Finn had begged to go see it but after the whole E.T. incident, there wasn't a chance we were taking him to see this! Minutes into the film, a big ~PHEW~ was in order...any child would have been scared out of their pants for weeks, maybe months. The movie was entertaining & a visual masterpiece with it's intricate details and gorgeous colors but clearly not a kids movie.

So, that was Friday! Saturday was a family fun day at the park. With the weather cooperating, we motored over to Wissahickon State Park for building forts, skipping rocks and a hike. Yes, all of you who know me so well...A HIKE! Those college years of hanging with the hippies and camping wore off years ago...so, me hiking is something out of the norm these days. Although, I'd do it everyday (every WARM) day with my boys!


And to wrap up the weekend and put a smile on Mommy's face (& Finn's...he's been wanting to see Van Gogh's work since he saw it on Little Einsteins and I filled him in about the whole "ear thing"...to a 5 yr. old boy, that's "Eeeew, Cooooool!!!!), I was treated to a day at the Philadelphia Art Museum!!! For an Art Major, I'm ashamed to say it's been years since I've been there and I realized just how much I missed it as soon as we walked through the doors. I just roamed from room to room, snapping photos, making mental notes, getting inspired...Degas, Renoir, Rodin,... I'm going to have to make this a Must Do Every Month thing. It just put my mind at ease and reminded me who I was and AM. Here are some of my favorites...


Canaletto, My all-time favorite since seeing THIS
displayed at the National Gallery in London years ago.

And all because of these two Goofballs :)

Comments

  1. he he he...so very sweet! Lovely time, dear friend! BTW, we have the same jacket...is yours dark blue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful time!! It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... can I say that you have the cutest family? lol. These last photos crack me up!

    www.akanedesigns.blogspot.com
    www.akane.etys.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, love the art museum pics! I'm being treated to the Cézanne and Beyond Exhibition with the hubbs in a few weeks! Seeing your pics made me even more excited about going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an incredible time. You have such an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like lots of fun! Coraline was incredible, we saw it in 3-D and told Evelyn we would take her again if we thought she could handle it. Needless to say, we didn't take her. But she and Noel have been watching Corpse Bride and Nightmare Before Christmas ever since.

    Did you see Cezanne and Beyond?? Can't wait to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jaimee,

    It looks like you had a great weekend. P.F. Changs, one of my favorite places. As a matter of fact me and my boys ate there this weekend, too. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You DID have a fabulous weekend! Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a fun weekend for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing, wonderful collection of pics, memories to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos!

    And wasn't Coraline amazing??! Yes, clearly not for little ones, but so gorgeous and inspiring! I bought a few songs (exploration is my favorite) on itunes!

    Glad you saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an awesome weekend! Love those pics of your boys in the woods:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catching up some blogging... this double ear infection + sinus infection did me in. bleh.

    Wow, what a fun and FULL weekend with the boys!!!

    I want to see Coraline.

    Great museum pictures... cute expressions. I went to the Art Institute of Chicago in February. I really enjoyed my solo trip...

    Philadelphia is on my list of U.S. Cities to visit. And Boston. And NYC. I was too little to remember my last trip. I've been backpacking in Pennsylvania, though. I would LOVE to see Frank Lloyd Wright's house, Falling Water, too. Will you be my Philadelphia tour guide when the time comes?!?!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts