Oh No

So, THIS is what you get when you attempt to take a five minute shower while your 5 year old watches a "Kid Show". Your son asleep on the floor in the hallway outside your room for the next week.
(Notice the framed photo of Kevin & I he put next to him - HILARIOUS! and sweet)

A few years back we purchased a Weemote for Finn. As the Overprotective Mom I am, I programmed all the educational & kid friendly channels into the remote. Finn felt so grown up when we gave it to him and it was cute to see what his little mind would find interesting as he surfed his 5 channels.

One day last week, I handed the weemote to Finn and told him he could watch a kid show while I took a quick shower. Minutes later, I was puzzled to see Finn sitting on the couch covering his eyes. I turned around to see what he was watching and there it was...apparently, one of HIS channels decided to air E.T. the other day without my knowing. I remember seeing it as a young kid and being petrified. Well, that was it. As soon as the sun set, he would say "I know E.T. is a puppet but is he REAL?" After much explaination, and a week of sleepless nights, things seem to be back to normal...as long as no one mentions E.T. ever again!!!

Comments

  1. Awww, poor kid. E.T. depressed me as a child (says a lot about me now) and to this day I still can never watch it again. Something about seeing him all chalky and sickly white at the end was just so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, of course, THAT was the part he was watching...where ET's all white and laying on the bathroom floor with Elliot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy...ET still kind of creeps me out. I absolutely LOVE that he has a picture of you guys next to him while he sleeps...SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean it is a bad idea that Olivia and I plan on riding 'Dinosaur' in Animal Kingdom at Disney? Kim thinks were nuts and tells me that I'm getting up with her for the rest of her life if she gets scared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way... his Kung Fu Panda blanket rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dinosaur Ride scared the pants off Finn! I swore Kristin said Noah LOVED it...I apparently remembered WRONG! He was trying to "escape" the whole time. I never saw him happier to get off a ride!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This picture is hilarious! I love the framed photo! This reminds me of my little brother after he watched Wizard of Oz. I think he is still scared of the wicked witch to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, poor Finn. E.T. is pretty scary. The movie that I hated as a kid was "The Never Ending Story." Hated. It.

    I LOVE how he brought the framed photo of you guys... so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in the same boat! :) When I was in kindergarten, we watched E.T. as a family, and I still occasionally have nightmares. Sheesh.... I think it's his long neck. :)

    I love that he has the picture next to him! Haha! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwweeee...Hhaha! That is so cute!! What a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh, poor little guy! He is exceedingly adorable though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts