Question

So, it's been YEARS since working on such a project...this was part of my Textiles Final Exhibit in college. I was actually offered $1200 for it but was too vain at the time to take the offer...hence, it hangs on the wall in my stairwell at home (and, of course, I could now use $1200). It wasn't until last Friday, while having a friend over, that I even considered working on such pieces again. She said, "Hey, you should try to sell these!"

My question is...Does anyone else think there would be an interest out there for stitched landscapes? This particular project was based on photos I took while on a "pseudo cross-country trip" - my husband, then boyfriend, and I flew out west and then camped our way through Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona - the four corners.


I'm just not sure it there's a market out there for such work and whether I should try to sell already made pieces or offer custom work. It's a LONG process, so I could only work on a couple at a time and I'm not sure if, in this day and age, people would be willing to "wait" for their purchase.

So, what are your thoughts?

Comments

  1. These are very beautiful! I would suggest to show this off in the Etsy forums! You might get a lot of feedback/interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are even more beautiful in person. You're so talented (and... meticulous) I've never seen anything remotely similar for sale before. I think you should research and DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say a resounding "yes!!!!!!!" They are wonderful! Oh and I am not just saying that because I like you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jaimee! Just wanted to say a quick hello, and that there is some fun happening on my blog this weekend! Don't miss out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, do it! I'd be more than happy to put a few in my shop and sell them for you, if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I have seen similar-ish type things in my neck of the woods and have always admired them. Beautiful!! I'm sure there are buyers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts