One Man's Trash...

...is another man's treasure!

It's somewhat of a new monthly ritual but whenever Murray and I get together we swap Goodwill bags. It's SOOO much fun. I suggest that if you're considering doing this, make sure you and the person you're swapping with have similar taste and sizes - or else, you'll just be doing the errand of dropping off their bag to Goodwill for them.

Murray and I tend to be drawn to similar color schemes and styles but then also branch off in slightly different directions...which is nice...I usually pick up something I LOVE and would have never picked up for myself. I do occasionally have "trouble" fitting into some of her things...I being well endowed on the bottom while she is on top :) So, I've made some lovely tops out of her bottoms. Here's my latest. I fell in love with these fabrics and couldn't bare to discard them. So, Murray's skirt and Polo top became this Sun Top - just in time for Disney!

Comments

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! I also have another bag for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing. You should be selling clothes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea! And fabulous execution, it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thanks for stopping by my Free Range Kids!
    I LOVE what I see here and can't wait to have a good mooch around. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful find!! :) I love the color scheme too! ;)

    And Disney is coming up! That's right!! How is your family feeling about all of the roller-coasters?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One week from today...I CAN'T WAIT!

    My son (4) and I are excited for all the new "big boy" rides he's tall enough for...on the other hand, Dad's knees are already shaking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an absolutely adorable top! I've always wished I had the talent to be able to turn my old, un-wearable clothes into something new with a few stitches and snips. Unfortunately my knowledge for stitching and sewing stops somewhere around re-attaching buttons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts