Opening Day!

So, it's officially Soccer season! Time for chilly games & orange slices. My hub's the coach again, he's just an All-Star of sorts...thank goodness someone in this family is athletically inclined for our little guy's sake. I'm for certain NOT! I ran track when I was little and tried again in High School but wound up barfing before every meet. The whole competition/nerves thing was the part I couldn't handle...the running was a breeze. So, I retired the sneakers and ventured off into the artsy creative world and never looked back! Finn seems to have inherited from both sides ~ he can pretty much play any sport and be one of the best on his team, while he can also sit for hours creating master pieces that are sure to make his Momma proud. Having just started Kindergarten, he's still getting used to what it all entails but I asked him yesterday what his favorite class was and his response was, "Gym! No, wait, ART! No, GYM! Uh, maybe Recess!" So, there you have it, a bit of ol' Mom & Dad in him with a bit of Finn too! :)

Comments

  1. How fun! Ella is about to start soccer for the first time this week so we'll see how it goes. It made me laugh that you got sick before every race :-), but it's good it helped you discover your artistic talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings back so many memories for me. I hope my daughter takes after her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute! I totally related to what you said about the competitive aspect of sport....me too! I quit track for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it - how cute :) I totally know what you mean about the 'nerves' thing...hence, I never quite made it thru track season in highschool either ;) Art was the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finn sounds like such a sweet, athletic and artistic little boy. :) Cute pictures! That goalie shirt is pretty funny.

    Neither Brad or I are athletic. Me... not AT ALL. Unless you count hiking for letterboxes. Our future children are going to have to acquire the soccer gene from someone else- ha! Or maybe they will fool us altogether and be the quarterback of the varsity football team! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts