Happy Halloween with Gothicrow

By now I'm sure you've noticed my love for the creative eye of Donna at Gothicrow. Who wouldn't love these mysteriously serene shots. Each one captivating the viewer's imagination like a good book you can't put down.
How thrilled was I when she agreed to be my featured artist {& fellow POE member}?! Perfect timing too with Halloween this weekend! So, sit back and let's get to know a little more about Gothicrow...
(click the images for more info)
MC: Tell us a little about yourself.
GC: I love art and animals. Through the years of putting up with me, my family has soaked up my passions. We have ended up with a large pet population in our home due to a magnet-like power I seem to have on homeless animals (especially cats). I can't bear to see an animal cold and hungry hopelessly wondering the streets.


MC: How did you get started with Photography & your business?
GC: My dad was an old skool photographer working from our home. He had a dark room in the basement and the living room served as his studio. He was a portrait photographer taking mainly family photographs. Some of the photographs were first toned a nice brown color and my mom would hand paint them with Marshall's Photo Oils, the finished colored prints were beautiful.

MC: Where do you draw your inspiration from?

GC: I draw inspiration from the gorgeous cemeteries that I visit. When fall paints its brilliance, I grab my camera and take off for the nearest cemetery. It's also the time of year for the crows to excitedly gather by the hundreds. I love the crows and love taking their photos, hence, my Etsy name.

MC: What other favorite past-times do you enjoy?
GC: I enjoy riding my mountain bike wherever and whenever I can. I am also an advocate for feral cats and when I can find a little extra time I paint cat or crow pictures not very good at it though but it's fun.
Thanks so much, Donna. It's been a pleasure getting to know you!

Comments

  1. Such great images! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! love the second-to-last image especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting photographs- I like the fine art touch and sepia toning. This past spring, Brad and I explored historic Graceland Cemetery in Chicago. The cemetery is only 3-4 blocks from the craziness of Wrigley Field (Cubs baseball). However, it was sooo quiet. The architecture there is just amazing- great spot in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great feature! I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts