Hmmm...

SO...last night - WAIT! - let me preface this by saying how wonderful my new SUPER-CHARGED router is!  Since the upgrade, I have seriously been whipping through the internet, zipping through emails, designing, blogging, networking and just plain finishing work in HALF the time it took before!  THANK YOU, hubby for my Christmas present (oh, and the rest of my Dell Studio Upgrades are in the mail WOO HOO!).  Now that I can stay on top of orders and actually close at normal Studio Hours, I have my nights on the couch with my lovey back!!!

Now, like I was saying...last night, the hubby and I were chatting while catching up on DVR-ed Parenthoods and he asked...

hubby: Do you like what you do?
me:  Yes, why?
hubby:  I mean if I had the opportunity to stay home like you, I'd be sleeping in and lounging on the couch!
me:  I HAVE that option?! (the wheels started to turn)
hubby:  Well, I'm just sayin'...you really like what you do and would still do it if I told you, you didn't have to?
me:  Yes, I LOVE my work!  It's my THING.  As time consuming and stressful as it can be, it's my way to be ME.  It's a product of my own doing.  I LOVE IT!  (Although, the couch option sounds pretty good too!)

That conversation really got me thinking, maybe I've been stressing out here and there for no reason.  I've been taking my schedule too seriously when there's no pressure from anyone but myself.  I think it's time to slow down a bit and get back to why I started this whole business...so I could be ME not ME be the business.

Thanks for the perspective, Hubby!  Now don't be mad if you get home from work and I'm on the couch in my pj's eating bon bon's!







Pin It

Comments

  1. Your husband is such a sweetheart! Definitely a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts