hello :: shauna rogers

So glad you're back...
I knew you were dying to meet Shauna!!!

Well, ta daaaa ~ here she is!

Let's see what she has to say...

~isn't she just adorable too~

Tell us a little about LemonKissed and how you got started.



Lemon Kissed all started when I got a little burnt out designing art on the computer for my other shop, lemon drop studio. I had eye strain, I wasn't feeling creative, and I had a new baby that didn't like seeing me on the computer. I have always been crafty and have made things, so it was time to focus on something I didn't need the computer for - and I chose jewelry. Lemon Kissed was created for people like me: those who want fun earrings that aren't fancy or stuffy, but are casual, fun and simple. Lemon Kissed was born.



What's a typical "Shauna Day" like?


Every day is different for me. I'm always a mom and wife first, and then a creator second. Some days I find more pockets of time to create than others, or on some days, when I have ample time to create - my creativity is zapped. I do the best I can with the time I'm given at any given moment. I will answer emails and do more administrative duties while the little guy is napping or while the big kid is at preschool. With 2 kids under 5, I'm always multi-tasking, and coming up with ideas in my head to then frantically rush and find a piece of paper to jot them down so I don't forget. I can honestly say I'm not sure how it all gets done, or when it does, but it happens. And it seems to work... so far!

The sweet Rogers Family Shot on Shauna's Blog
~photo courtesy of Shauna Rogers~
Shauna's other blog, LEMON KISSED

Being a Mom, how do you balance work and family?


Family always comes first. I'm not sure if it's a balancing act that I'm doing or if it's just controlled chaos. I kind of think it's the same. When I do find a pocket of time to create jewelry, I can't always say that the dishes are done while I'm working. There is always something to do.



What do you like more...designing for paper or creating jewelry?


I can't even begin to choose. I like the instant gratification that jewelry gives me. I like that I can make soemthing to coordinate with an outfit or a look that I have in my mind. I love design work because it stretches my creativity and I get to play with fonts and color, which I can never get enough of. I am not sure I answered that question. I love both, but right now, jewelry seems to fit into my family's agenda a bit better.  What's your biggest go to source for inspiration?


I think about outfits a lot, and about seasons. I think about what's coming up next by way of trends and colors.  I also always think about what my friend Marie would wear - she always looks so cute and effortlessly cute. THAT is what I'm going for. Accessories that can pull anything together and make it work. Nothing frilly, or over-the-top. Think flip flops, converse shoes, jeans and white t-shirts, zip up hoodies, scarves. I just want comfortable style without making it look like someone is trying too hard.

What's one thing you couldn't live without? (hmmm...could she say "BACON"???)


Bacon - it's the best taste in the world. And more seriously, patience. Patience for myself, my family and everything in between. I'm constantly telling myself to slow down and enjoy each present moment, rather than getting caught up with worrying about what comes next or what else needs to get done.


~GREAT advise, Shauna!~


How do you end your day?


I end my day by making a list of things that's on my mind, whether it's for Lemon Kissed, for my family, for projects I want to start at home or whatever. I get it on paper. And then I end my day with snuggles and stories with my 2 boys and husband, and then I hit the pillow sleeping.

Thanks so much, Shauna, for a glimpse into your world!

You can also find Shauna here ::

Comments

Popular Posts