Off to School!

So, it's been coming as I knew it would but I can't believe the day has finally arrived! My baby is off to Kindergarten! It seems like just yesterday, I was changing diapers and singing lullabies {okay, I still sing him lullabies and for the most part, he doesn't complain...but I'm sure the day is soon ahead where he'll ask me to stop but until then, I'm singin'} Now, I'm not what you'd call a "crier". I don't cry over sappy movies or commercial or greeting cards but when it comes to my little buddy, I'm a ball of mush! I kept it together until I laid down to bed the night before and then the waterworks started...reminiscing, in my mind, the past 5 years and how I no longer have him attached to my side or at my beck & call whenever I want a hug or a kiss. Nope, now he's officially a big boy off to Kindergarten! Now, he spends most of his hours with classmates and teachers and I have a mere 5 or 6 hours with him a day tops. Ugh, the sinking of my heart! So, after a restless night {for me, not him} I managed to get the super excited boy onto the bus with a smile intact until the doors closed and it pulled away...then, I was a mess again. I'm hoping tomorrow I can contain myself! At least until I get into the house again! :)

Comments

  1. Good luck :-)! We are on week 3 of kindergarten over here and it does get easier...especially when our kiddos love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hon, hang in there! i'm with you on them growing so fast. Where did time go? That's what i want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - so exciting and sad! I get ya. I also don't cry at movies and all that but Olvier growing up makes me a total sap. He looks soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww. I don't even have kids so I can't relate, but this tugged at my heartstrings. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting! He will do great. I know how bittersweet it can be - goes too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah yes..kindegarden. lots of colouring and playing outside. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh look at him! I hope he had a wonderful first day, and that it gets a bit easier for you to say goodbye each morning (I can't even imagine!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done! What a big day. I bet it helped that he was excited to go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts