Illustrating Inspiration II

So, here's my second Illustrator, Matthew Scott. I came across his work during one of my routine perusings of new Etsy shops. It amazes me that such talent hasn't already had an array of sales. I've scoped out my favorites and just bought my first "Violet & Daisy (twins)".I can't wait for it to arrive! I contacted Matthew a week or so ago to ask if he'd mind being featured and he kindly accepted so here we go...

Matthew Scott is a recent graduate from Kingston University majoring in Illustration. He's currently a freelance illustrator based out of London and the proud winner of the "Best New Blood" award at the 2008 D&AD Awards. His short book entitled "The Diver" also won an award at the 2008 Cheltenham Illustration Awards. He's currently working on his first full childrens book and just finished a cover for Nickelodeon Magazine.
Now that's one busy guy!
Take a look for yourself...his work is amazing! These are just a few of my favorites...

Violet & Daisy, Birdhouse, The Diver all available at Matthew's Etsy Shop: DivinePaperHouse.etsy.com


Nickelodeon Cover

And here's my little lovely on it's way :)

Comments

  1. What very interesting and unique artwork!! I really like the "Lily" and the "Woods" prints in his Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Love the illustrations...

    J & J

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing his work:) how fun and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love illustrations with teeny weenie details! Everything looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing such lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see how you are inspired by this work - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, I love the vintage look to his work! It makes me think of the books of my childhood, but with a new twist. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts