A New Year & Some New Posts

...are on their way! I've decided to start the New Year with some inspiration.
I'm a gal in love with Children's Books! I still have my favorites from when I was a kid and find myself buying more and more (for my son, of course, not for MEEEE :) The story is important but if the illustrator can sweep me off my feet, I'm sold! Aesthetics is everything to me...I just love intricate, ornate details...the nooks and crannies of the book. Where your eye travels as the book is narrated. Not necessarily the obvious but what's hiding in the shadows or lurking behind a tree or peeking from a window. I was enthralled as a little girl just imagining what was around the next corner and anxious to turn the page. SOOO, my next posts are going to be artists/illustrators I've come across over the past year that have pushed me and inspired me. Hope they do the same for you. COMING SOON!

Comments

  1. You should totally write a children's book. Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Kate!
    I've got a few done but have absolutely no clue where to start the publishing process.
    Got any advice?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yay! I also love old childrens books and am always hubting for them when I am out junking. I am excited to see what you have found. Thanks for sweet comment on my Christmas post. Definitely do your cards liek that next year! This is the first year I did it that way and just loved the way it looked so much. I just used a piece of red yard and secured it with a thumb tack on each side. Happy 2009 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! looking forward to reading them.

    I've recently started an Amazon Wish List for Oliver and been putting old books from my childhood on there. Like "The Giant Jam Sandwich" By John Vernon Lord

    Happy New Year by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love children's books too! ;) Happy Happy new year!! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No advice, unfortunately. Two doors down from my shop is a little book-making shop called the Troy Bookmakers. They put the books together and then help the writers find a distributor. I know a few people who have used their services and I guess they rock. I'm sure there's something like that near you. There must be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts