Awareness

Running late this morning and coming across a traffic jam, I was not a happy camper! Until I realized what all the commotion was. Flashes of Pink peeked through the line of cars in front of me and then it clicked...This must be the Walk for the Cure for Breast Cancer. My cousin is participating in the walk down in Texas but I wasn't aware there was going to be one right in my backyard. It's hard not to be Aware of Breast Cancer with all the Pink Logos and donations at the Super Market but when I saw just how many people were walking, it brought a tear to my eye. Seeing this ocean of pink hats, t-shirts, streamers, you name it...each one of these people has been touched and affected by this disease. The numbers are frightening. Having lost my Great-Grandmother to breast cancer, the thought and scare of it looms over our family but sometimes it takes something like this to truly give you the visual!
Way to go Abington, PA keep on truckin'!

You can go HERE to make a donation:

Comments

  1. Hey there!

    I have seen Atonement! Great, sad movie. And her dress = to die for. Have you seen Keira in Pride and Prejudice? It's from the same director as Atonement and is one of my absolute favorite movies. It's truly great and she got an Oscar nomination for the role.

    I love Love Actually, too. I always watch it at Christmas. It has so many great great people in it.

    I have pretty much enjoyed every movie of hers I have seen, but I haven't seen The Jacket or Domino, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great blog entry:) IT is true...sometimes we need a visual to help drive it home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post!
    6 years ago when I was 39 I had a suspicious lump and the biopsy report came back inconclusive, so I had to have a lumpectomy. Thankfully it was benign. My close call scared my older sister, who was 41 at the time into getting her first mammogram. Turned out she had cancer, and had to have a mastectomy. All is well now, but every year we both live in a bit of fear, as do most woman. It really is like looking over your shoulder, watching, waiting, wondering if it will strike. I just dodged another bullet last month. The doctors thought they found something, but thankfully a needle biopsy found it to also be benign. I worry for my daughters, and wonder when oh when will they find a cure?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!
    And you might want to check, I clicked on your profile, the my web page part and it went to a sign that said this user does not exist, harsh isn't it!

    My Best
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts