The Annapolis Pull

Having gotten engaged (9 years ago this August) in Annapolis, I usually feel the "Annapolis Pull" this time of year. We skipped it last summer - Mickey Mouse monopolized our travel plans twice...leaving all other vacation plans in the dust. THIS year, I'm hoping for a romantic weekend getaway. The World's Greatest Sister already offered her babysitting services so we shouldn't pass up the opportunity.

I must admit, I have one romantic hubby, who knows just how to sweep me off my feet.
His proposal was something out of one of those sweet Romantic Chick Flicks I love (okay, maybe a Romantic Comedy). We first, drove down to Osprey Point Marina. Whilst on the way, and nervously driving with the ring in his pocket, we got stopped for speeding in Rock Hall - the police are "Ever so Vigilant" in that neck of the woods...I believe we were 4 or 5 miles over the speed limit. We then sailed (Capt. Art at the helm) to Annapolis and got a mooring for the night. After a day of sight-seeing (potential proposal sight searching, little did I know) we decided to make reservations at Maria's for dinner. Having not packed accordingly, I felt the need to shop for appropriate attire (of course - any excuse to shop)...hence a trip in the dingy back to shore. The engine, fittingly, ceased and Kevin had to row into town. After shopping, we headed back to the dingy where in the middle of the square, Kevin knelt down and began to propose. Plebes surrounding us, like a sea of white. I proceeded to laugh the entire time and to this day have no clue what Kevin said. It was as if time stopped and everyone around us watched and applauded as I said "YES" and we kissed. Not even a minute later, the skies opened up, drenching everything in sight. We headed for the dingy but found ourselves trapped in knee-high puddles and scooted into a back alley for shelter (and some smooching). Once the storm let up, we had to dump what felt like 100 lbs. of water from the dingy - NOT an easy feat! When we arrived back at the mooring, Kevin's Father & Step-Mother had Champagne waiting!
It was perfect!!!

Some additional perks:
Maria's Sicilian Restaurant & Cafe

Naval Academy ChapelAnnapolis Pottery

Caroline's Cakes - I must try this 7-Layer Caramel Cake!!!
Pusser's - An awful name for a restaurant but GREAT food!

Comments

  1. Nice post sweety. I love you! I'm feeling the "pull" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a romantic post!! ;) Congrats to almost 9 years! ;) Here's to many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! And what a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Congratulations on the 9yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story. What a great proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember your phone call like it was yesterday! Nine years... WOW! Let me know when you're going, I could always help with Finn (or Maisy).

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun time! I am actually from MD, closer to DC, but Annopolis is a favorite place of mine. Haven't been in so long! THanks for a trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sweet engagement stories...you two are adorable! I hope you make it to Annapolis this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Goes by so fast, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a romantic story, no wonder you like to go back!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your sweet story! You two are so cute and I think it's adorable that he comments on your blog. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great engagement story! And I love all your pictures. It makes me want to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts