Fun In the Sun

First things first, our yard work has been paying off - so much that we've attracted a new family member. Froggy has been welcomed with open arms (and proding sticks..."watch him jump, Mommy!") He tends to seek shelter near his much larger (inanimate) friend Turtle for safety. Little does he know, hiding in the ivy would work much better.

Not sure if you're in my neck of the woods but it was almost 90 degrees a couple of days ago! I tad too hot for my liking, considering it was 60 the day before. Finn didn't mind though - as you can see.
There's my little pool boy having a blast splashing around but always seems more concerned about whether there are bugs ("floaters" as he calls them) in his pool. Hence, the enourmous pool skimmer! But notice his very Cool Scary Shark Bathing Suit and Pirate Tattoo on his forearm...apparently cool guys are afraid of bugs too!

Good ol' Maiser got in on the action too...minding the squirrels! We were informed that when we adopted her (She's a Southern Belle we rescued from Katrina) that she's a trained Squirreling Dog...as if there really should be such a thing. She's calmed down a bit since she's realized we're not interested in hunting squirrel but it's in her blood and she will terrorize the heck out of them until no end.

oh, and this is my cozy spot in the shade, aaaahhhh!


Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! What fun!! I love these photos, and yes, "floaters" scare me too! Haha!

    A lovely place in the shade too! What a relaxing post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to vacation at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so peaceful! I'll see if I can find another toad house at the pottery shop to send you. It's a must-have for your garden. They love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, but feels even nicer! Thanks for having us over yesterday, I think the kids had a blast (I know I did!).

    E still can't believe you had ice cream, not to mention the cones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your little frog inspired me to a new print!! ;) Come see!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts