Sleeping Beauty-ish


Alright, here it is...mind you it was done with a migraine so I'm okay with how it turned out. Lorelei is only two and this is probably "close enough" for her little mind to recognize who it is!

As for the migraine, oddly enough, the cake stress wasn't the culprit...my son is a HORRIBLE sleeper. Always has been! Just recently, he's been waking up within an hour of us putting him to bed. He "goes" to bed fine, it's staying asleep that is the problem. We've tried everything we can think of...love, tough love, silent treatment, dragging him back to his bed over and over Supernanny style with no success. He now has added the phrase "I'm dying, I can't sleep! I need food and water. I can't stay in my room ALL night!" Where a four year old comes up with these things, I just don't know. Needless to say, after a week of the flu and now 4 days of no sleep, it has taken its toll and my brain is revolting! Anyone have some suggestions? I'm up for any help I can get!

Comments

  1. Love it of course. Lucky little Lorelei.

    Sorry about the sleeping, we've had a tough time lately too, lucky for me I don't get headaches. I'm all out of suggestions not to mention energy and patience. Hang in there, it's nearly spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Jaim! Now how are we going to get this to DC?

    As for Finn...Super Nanny or ether. We all need sleep bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgot to mention that the skin color on the Sleeping Beauty cake looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't easy. Especially with Finn constantly wanting to stick his fingers in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she turned out beautiful! Great job!!

    I wish I had some advise on the sleeping dilemma, but I have no firsthand parenting experience to draw from. I hope you get some rest this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the cake gorgeous! Hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Great post! Your cake is very impressive! :) I bet it is delicious!

    I am sorry I can't offer help concerning your son! I don't have kids of my own, but the girls I nanny with have their own cd players, and they get to listen to music as they go to bed! Maybe it can be a reward for staying in his room?! BUT! Don't teach him the volume buttons yet, or YOU'LL have a hard time falling asleep! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts