Happy Birthday, Aunt Murray!

Finn suggested we make "that cake with the yucky brown bananas" since we, in fact,
we had quite a few "yucky brown bananas". Great Idea while we're trapped at home with the Furnace Repairman. The best Banana Cake recipe is from my ol' pal, Murray. I think she gave me this recipe at my bridal shower years ago. I still have it and use it all the time - yeilding great reviews from friends and neighbors every time! Baking this cake seemed quite fitting, especially today, since it just so happens to be Murray's birthday! Happy Birthday!


Birthday cakes used to be my thing. I had a small home business but found the pressure to be overwhelming. Here are a few of my creations!

This one was for my neice's 1st birthday...she was obsessed with THIS page from one of her favorite books. It was so great to see her face when she saw the cake!



They were all so much fun to make but the STRESS...I'm NOT good with stress!
And I have two cakes to do this month! Argh - at least they're for family parties.
Family is more forgiving should something go wrong...
OOPS, my parent's 40th Anniversary Cake...uh, it slipped right out of my hands!

Comments

  1. Your cakes are gorgeous! The pond is probably my fav, no, the cowgirl boot, maybe the pirate ship... alright I love them all.

    Glad you're still using the banana recipe. I haven't made it in a long time since the baby devours all our bananas before they get ripe enough to bake with.

    Thanks for remembering me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are like the craftiest gal in the world--- move over, Martha.

    THESE LOOK SO YUMMY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaimee...I found you through Design for Mankind's post on my daily about the keurig machine...yes it's awesome but these cakes are simply gorgeous...I've posted some of mine on my blog too...but now I'm ashamed after seeing yours...I simply love making cakes but yes the stress is horrible and so time consuming too....I will be visiting you daily to read your blog I love it and hope to see more of your AMAZING cake designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Vanessa. I have a "Sleeping Beauty" (otherwise known as "Sleeping Booty" to my two year old neice) cake to make next week. Just hope it has a slight resemblence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts