BEFORE & AFTER

For those of you who weren't lucky enough to have witnessed our powder room before the demolition...it was a Candy Striper Nightmare with an obnoxious hot pink rose boarder. Very dizzying to say the least! Afraid of what I might find underneath the wallpaper and shoddy PINK vinyl flooring, I held off renovations. Then, one day a week or two ago, I decided to just "Go for it". How hard could it be to fix a 4x7 foot room? As we pulled up layer after layer of flooring, the doubts started to set in but, all in all, it wasn't too bad (with the help of my Father-In-Law...he's been a lifesaver in quite a few redecorating instances in this house) And here's the final results (minus the roman blind I'm attempting to make - My gal pal, Murray reassured me that it's an easy project I can definitely do it myself :) - we shall see!) I need something up soon to cover the horrific window pane paint job from the previous owner...check it out in the photos...at least she was consistent in every room. Ugh!!!!


Comments

  1. It looks great! I knew you could do it, how were the headaches?? Hopefully none. I LOVE the candy store tiles, thinking about those for my powder room too. Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore my respirator from weaving class and had no problems at all (other than pulling it too tight and having a mask mark across my face and having to go pick Finn up from Nursery School. I looked like a freak!) As far as headaches go, I actually haven't had any since I started the gym - go figure! Knock on wood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jaim, who painted that room and laid the floor? Whoever did it, did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I didn't mention your name...thought it was understood!!! But, of course, you need your praise! Fabulous job, hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaimee--- that bathroom is FABULOUS!!! I'd love to post a before/after feature on my blog.

    Can you give me the how-to details and/or more photos? And of course,I'd love to see the rest of your house if it's this fabulous!

    Tell your hubby nice job. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be honored. Hmmm...that means I'll have to tidy-up :)

    I just discovered your blog this week and absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts