Wednesday, January 30, 2008

BEFORE & AFTER

For those of you who weren't lucky enough to have witnessed our powder room before the demolition...it was a Candy Striper Nightmare with an obnoxious hot pink rose boarder. Very dizzying to say the least! Afraid of what I might find underneath the wallpaper and shoddy PINK vinyl flooring, I held off renovations. Then, one day a week or two ago, I decided to just "Go for it". How hard could it be to fix a 4x7 foot room? As we pulled up layer after layer of flooring, the doubts started to set in but, all in all, it wasn't too bad (with the help of my Father-In-Law...he's been a lifesaver in quite a few redecorating instances in this house) And here's the final results (minus the roman blind I'm attempting to make - My gal pal, Murray reassured me that it's an easy project I can definitely do it myself :) - we shall see!) I need something up soon to cover the horrific window pane paint job from the previous owner...check it out in the photos...at least she was consistent in every room. Ugh!!!!