Te Anna a.k.a. Maisy

Well, it's officially been one year since we adopted Maisy, a.k.a Te Anna,
a Louisiana native and Hurricane Katrina survivor. (Te Anna was too hard for my son, then two, to remember, hence, Maisy!)

She was actually a surprise. After losing our Chocolate Lab at the young age of 4, the only thing our son asked Santa for was "a new doggie that wasn't sick" (he also asked that it be BLUE but we informed him that Santa, nor God, make blue doggies).

We arranged to go to Primrose Lane Farm Rescue to meet another Lab that "Santa emailed us about". Unfortunately, the dog we were interested in was far too timid to be around small children. Our hearts broken, we were about to leave the shelter empty handed when Maisy found us. Through her crate, poked a tiny nose and tongue eager to give kisses. My husband, skeptical about small "sissy dogs" (as he calls them), caved and asked if we could spend some time with her. After playing for an hour, the decision was made and Maisy came home with us that night. She was a perfect match. It's like she's always been a part of our family!

If you're interested in rescuing a dog please check out Primrose Lane Farm, they're wonderful people with big hearts:

http://www.primroselanefarm.com




Comments

  1. I had no idea that used to be her name. I always think of Horton Hatches an Egg when I think of Maisy. It's one of Evie's favorite. "Sighed Maizy a lazy bird..."I love Dr. Seuss. Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story about Maisy. Thanks for checking out my blog and I am so happy you did because I have gotten so much valuable information about Etsy from yours.
    Happy New Year
    http://babychloe-babychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts